- Garneli, V., & Chorianopoulos, K. (2018). Programming video games and simulations in science education: exploring computational thinking through code analysis. Interactive Learning Environments, 1–16. http://doi.org/10.1080/10494820.2017.1337036 PDF Abstract
- Merkouris, A., Chorianopoulos, K., & Kameas, A. (2017). Teaching Programming in Secondary Education Through Embodied Computing Platforms: Robotics and Wearables. ACM Transactions on Computing Education, 17(2), 1–22. http://doi.org/10.1145/3025013 PDF Abstract
- Kapenekakis, I., & Chorianopoulos, K. (2017). Citizen science for pedestrian cartography: collection and moderation of walkable routes in cities through mobile gamification. Human-Centric Computing and Information Sciences, 7(1), 10. http://doi.org/10.1186/s13673-017-0090-9 PDF Abstract
I am doing research and teaching in the broad area of Informatics with an emphasis on the domains of Human-Centered Computing, Entertainment Computing, Computing Education, Urban Informatics, Social Informatics.
Research methodology: human-centered software design, user study (field, experiment).
Application domains: Entertainment, learning, well-being, culture.
During the last five years, I have been working on the following:
- Teaching HCI, MM, UbiComp, SE, and CSCW courses.
- Mentoring MSc and PhD thesis students.
- Design of open systems for Video Analytics, Social Media Visualization, Interactive mapmaking.
- Authoring and publication of an English book on interactive computing: Making Interactivity
- Authoring and publication of a Greek book on interactive computing: Programming Interactivity
- Publicity co-chair of IEEE Pervasive Computing 2018, Athens, Greece
- General co-chair of the IFIP International Conference on Entertainment Computing 2015, Trondheim, Norway
- Managing project CULT, funded by Marie Curie (EU), Microsoft Research (USA), and GSRT (Greece).